24-26 April 2015
City of Albany
Following the success of illuminart’s Architectural Storytelling projection projects developed in Albany during 2014, illuminart has continued the cross regional collaboration with local artists to produce “The Departure”, presented on Anzac Centenary 2015.
The story is drawn from the diary accounts of three soldiers interwoven with extracts of the book The Lighthouse Girl by Albany author Dianne Wolfer. Local actors provided voice performance and photographs, video, artwork and music were created by local artists with the support of illuminart and partner organisations.
The completed project was projected on to the Albany Town Hall on the 24, 25, 26 April 2015 to mark the centenary of Anzacs landing at Gallipoli. It was accompanied by storytelling projections drawing on the true stories from local people with an ANZAC in their family.
It’s been a fantastic project over a twelve month period, check out the work involved through the project journal here!
- Albany Anzac 2015 Projections Photo Gallery
- Anzac Albany Photo Gallery
- Albany Production Credits (Almost a cast of Thousands!)
- Storytelling in the heart of Albany
- Anzac Albany Update – Extra! Extra! Read all about it…
- Local Artist collaborations in Anzac Albany projects
WOW!!! This is awesome work everyone - very well done to everyone involved in the project.Albany have a Chat
- Cindi Drennan Creative Producer
- Tash Rolfe Project Manager
- Simon Woodward Dramaturg and Voice Actor
- Zero Animator
- Andy Petrusevics Animator
- Tarquin Smart Voice Actor
- Benn Gray Voice Actor
- Saskia Smart Voice Actor
- Jon Doust Voice Actor
- Terry Siva Sound Recording, Voice Actor
- Brodie Green Audio Production
- Steve Tilling Projection Support
- Marty Hopkins Projection Support
- Clinton Camac Projection Support
- Albany Film Users Group Photography
- Albany Historical Society Research and Support
- Dianne Wolfer Author (Lighthouse girl)
- Brian Simmonds Illustrator (Lighthouse Girl)
- Many others see link to full credits at right!